What requirements do I need to sell a house in Mexico?
Actualizado: 24 de abr de 2020
Winter is a season where the Yucatan has a large number of foreign tourists, in order to escape the icy winters in North America and Europe.
The influx of tourists and “Snow Birds” who spend the winter in this region, is reflected in a greater amount of sales and rents for our real estate agency.
This is the ideal time to put your property out there and make sure to reach potential buyers.
If you have been considering selling or renting your house in Valladolid, you will surely have questions about the documents you require to carry out this movement. In this article, we list the most important documents you need to sell your home in Mexico.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THE SALE OF A PROPERTY IN MEXICO
1. COPY OF DEED
2. COPY OF THE RECEIPT OF THE PROPERTY TAX (PREDIAL)
3. COPY OF CEDULA AND CATASTRAL PLAN
4. IDENTIFICATION OF SELLER OR SELLERS
5. PROOF OF ADDRESS (WATER OR ELECTRIC, ON BEHALF OF OWNER OR DIRECT FAMILY MEMBER)
6. IF YOU HAD A MORTGAGE, A LETTER OF FINALIZATION ISSUED BY YOUR BANK
7. IN CASE OF BEING MARRIED FOR JOINT ASSETS: ID OF THE SPOUSE AND OF THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.
Here in Valladolid, it is common for a property to have more than one owner, for example a group of siblings, in this case, it is vital that all parties agree to make the sale. The sale of properties can be a somewhat long process, it is important to focus on the final objective: selling!
As you can see, the requirements are very simple.
If you're considering selling your house, land or ranch in the area of Valladolid Yucatán and its surroundings, we can help you. Get in touch and we'll be happy to help you sell your property.